italy 2009


Advertisement
Europe
April 9th 2009
Published: April 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Fabrizia took us through the amazing town in Cefalu....such old world charm and character,,,absolutely beautiful! cathedrals, shops, small cafes...not to mention the mediterranean sea, surrounding mountains, and of course, gelato. got some nice pictures, then returned for a wonderful home cooked italian meal. this afternoon we visited Gratteri...Al's mom's hometown. it has barely been touched by modernization..way atop a mountain (the ride up there was terrifying! roads that should not even be traveled by one car, no less cars going both ways...AND sharing it with sheep!). we are told that investors are beginning to buy the old homes there, with thoughts of renovating and developing; however, the townfolk are not happy about this, as they have lived this way for centuries and have no desire to change. fabrizia's husband totino travels there to provide medical care to the inhabitants, as they do not have access to doctors offices or hospitals. what a difference when we arrived back in the resort-like city of cefalu!! we are about to eat yet again...and cousin sabrina and family should be joining us any moment. enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb