New Year


Advertisement
Europe
January 14th 2009
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Happy New Year to all. I hope you all had great xmas and a good start to the new year. We spent Christmas in Poland with Jo's parents. It got down to -4C in the daytime and snowed on Christmas eve and Christmas day. We did the traditional Polish Christmas meal and visited all the relatives and I bought fireworks and plenty of rockets to anoy the apartment nextdoor. Once back, we have been looking for a new flat and went last weekend to the Natural History museum to see the first ever London Ice Sculpture competition. We also visited the Royal Academy of Arts to visit an exibition on Byzantium art, while there we stubled on the room where Charles Darwin first gave the world his Origin of Species. Very small room !!Its been very cold for London, often -7c at night. The longest cold period since the 90s. Lots of people losing thier jobs due to the banking collapse. But it hasn't had an impact on us yet, touch wood. Hope you are all well and safe, especially our friends in Isreal. All the best.

Czesc wszystkim i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku. Swieta spedzilismy w PL z moja rodzina. Bylo tylko -4, troche sniegu i fajerwerki. Teraz szukalismy nowego ieszkania, przeprowadzka za miesiac. Pozatym wlochymy sie po muzeach, ogladalismy rzezby z lodu i sztuke Bizantyjska. Pozawiamy wszystkich i trzymajcie sie cieplo w ta zime. Pa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



18th January 2009

Happy New Year
Good to hear how you are going. We had a good Christmas - down at Fiona and Adrian's. Denise and Andrew get married 3 weeks from today. I am enjoying being on holidays at the moment. Fiona was working all last year at Huonville High School - near home and found out last week that she has a job for this year too, so that is good. Denise seems to be enjoying working at the bank. Hope you are both well and manage to stay warm. Love and best wishes from áunty' Vicki

Tot: 3.868s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0686s; 3; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb