#52 - Americas here we come!


Advertisement
Europe
September 25th 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

It's been so long since we updated this blog that it's hard to know where to start now! For the last two and a half months we've been taking it (relatively) easy in Julie's home town, Bayeux, in beautiful Normandy, catching up with the family and making up for all the time we spend on the other side of the world. It hasn't all been relaxing, though. I put in a couple of days of work with Franck, the boyfriend of Julie's sister Marion, and learned that tiling a roof can be mighty hard on the body. He also dragged me into a cross-country race called the Bayeusiene, where we did 22km as a team, swapping between running and riding a bike and finishing a very respectable 21st. That was after covering 4500km in Julie's mum's car through Northern Italy and Slovenia with Julie and her Julie's other sister, Fiona. Our trip included a visit to Verona (home of Romeo and Juliet), Venice, and the Mediterranean coast of Slovenia. We finished up our time in France with a week-long sejourn through Brittany (Bretagne), taking in the Nantes-Brest canal in a house boat and then visiting St Lo and the Mont St Michel.

I thought I'd let you know our plans for the rest of this year. Right now we're in Paris awaiting a Visa for entry into Brazil. On Friday 26th September were heading to Madrid in Spain, then to Brazil (Salvador de Bahia) on Sunday 28th. We've got 6 weeks in Brazil before heading to Peru on the 6th of November. We're going to explore Peru until Christmas, then head to Buenos Aires in Argentina on Boxing Day. On January 3rd we're on a direct 14 hour flight to Sydney, where we'll find a house, rejoin society and end our year-long adventure.

We've finally uploaded a heap of movies we made from the first 3 months of our travels. You can view them on the English version of blogs #1, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #9, #12, #13, #16, #18, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #28 and #31. Enjoy!

Dreaming of an adventure like ours? Find out how we did it at JulieAndDariansWorldTourGuide.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Country weddingCountry wedding
Country wedding

We made a short stop in the French countryside for the wedding of Julie's friend Delphine
AnnecyAnnecy
Annecy

An overnight stopover before crossing the Alps into Italy
VineyardsVineyards
Vineyards

Soave, Italy


Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb