Random funny stuff...


Advertisement
Europe
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we will list the funny stuff that sometimes we do, or happens to us. We will update this entry occasionally when we have new funny stuff:

*This happened in Estonia. The menu said lemonade, so I ordered one. The waitress opened a bottle of Sprite and poured it into a glass. The same happened in a couple other countries, including France. So, unless you want Sprite, don't order lemonade in Europe.
*The toilet paper roll at our hotel in Dijon, France had a lock on it, with a key. What the hell???!!! Are they worried about someone breaking into the room and stealing the toilet paper?
*Erin was reading the newspaper the other day, and said "Oh no! Did you hear about the cholera breakout in St. Petersburg? A bunch of people already died" (we had visited St. Petersburg last month). What she failed to notice was the headline above the story. It said: "On this date, 100 years ago".
*At a restaurant in France, there was strawberries and chantilly cream on the dessert menu. I wanted to order it, but the waiter said they were out of season. I asked, in all seriousness, if he meant the strawberries or the cream. Erin and the waiter burst out laughing.
*After passing Greek, Lebanese, and Italian restaurants our first night in Barcelona (tonight, as I write this), we ended up going to a tiny restaurant serving cheap local food. We ordered ice cream for dessert, because the flavors sounded very unique and local. We asked if it was homemade, and were told it was Hagen Dazs!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb