Firenze!


Advertisement
Europe
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello again! I'm having an awful time finding internet 😞 of else I would be updating everyday. It's been about a week in Florence, and although it may still be the honeymoon stage of the trip i can honestly say I've never been anywhere so beautiful and cultured. I love how they preserve everything and do not adapt to tourists that are flooding the city. They lied when they said everyone speaks English, not true at all! It will help us all learn faster I'm sure. I'm starting to navigate my way around the city a little better this week, last week my friend and I got lost every day for hours! So many tiny twisted roads and street names you can pronounce, its tough. Things are about to get even crazier soon as this is the weekend all the Florentines come back from vacation and the city is about to really come alive as the natives come back and tourists head home. Anyways, we started school this week, 3 hours of Italian in the morning and then 'siesta' a mid day break when we get lunch and such, many stores close between 1230-2 at this time, then after the break we have a culture class from 2-4. Its a pretty good schedule minus leaving for class at 830 its ok especially since after our culture class the teacher takes us around florence to her favorite gelato places 😊 We went to Casa de Dante the other day which was amazing! A replica of the greatest writer from Florence's house, saw tons of art dedicated to him and the grave of his love Beatrice. The history here is mind blowing. But aside from all that school stuff, haha, there is room to party! This place has a crazynight life. The girls and I went out 2 nights ago to a bar called Central Park, it's this hugeclub/ 'discotecha' with a bunch of bars, tropical themed, and cabanas all over. Italians like to get fancy, everyones dressed up, the music was great, and of course we danced on stage! aaand although we only got 1 hour of sleep that night, i think its safe to say we're all having the time of our lives. This weekend we're thinking about venturing to the beaches on the coast or even taking Ryanair to Barcelona for a few days because tickets are so cheap right now. I especially cant wait for Sicily!! Anywaysss I miss you all back home, especially you Benjamin 😊.... Leave some messages and enjoy the pictures! Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Our ApartmentOur Apartment
Our Apartment

View from our balcony
Pub CrawlPub Crawl
Pub Crawl

Our first night together!


30th August 2008

Lauren!
we have to talk about when i come visit in october :) :) :)
3rd September 2008

Miss You
Hi Lauren, so glad you are enjoying your time in Italy. For some reason I couldn't get to see all the pictures you displayed. Miss you lots, Jillxx

Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb