Salzburg, Munich and Stuttgart


Advertisement
Europe
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Folks,

Well, it's Zoe doing this blog as Dave is off doing the washing (and isn't very happy about it, but who would be really). Convinced him we will swap next time...maybe.

Had some good luck this week when the camera broke because Zoe dropped it (I thought it was shockproof - yep right) and then got strawberries all over it which probably didn't help especially after getting chocolate on it all last week so we had to invest in a new one. Dave wasn't too fussed either - he's only mentioned the new Olympus camera 30,000 times since we've been over here - did him a favour I say.

Ok, back to the blog. Stayed in Salzburg for four nights which was nice and relaxing. Didn't get the greatest sleeps there as every night someone in our room decided to snore really really loudly so that was a bonus. Got to much for me on the third night. My tip for people if this happens to you is to scrunch up a piece of paper and throw it at the person. They stop immediately and you enjoy a nice relaxing sleep. Problem solved.

In Salzburg
Sampling local hotdogSampling local hotdogSampling local hotdog

Have to say, I preferred the old hotdogs at the local footy better. Even if you did get two in the one bun here.
we went to the largest ice caves in the world in 30 degree plus heat. It was so hot outside (especially after walking so far) then we went in the caves where it was zero degrees. You also nearly got blown over by the gale force wind as you went in to the cave which was weird. Really good.

Then we went out to the lakes which were really nice and caught up with Steve Naughtin and his girlfriend, Sib at a beer garden. Those guys are and have been travelling or should I say camping (so brave!!) through Europe for a few months. Such goers! Was good to see some friendly kinda familiar faces again who were great company. Have fun of the rest of your travels guys!







Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

SalzburgSalzburg
Salzburg

Not much to say about this one.
Austrian AlpsAustrian Alps
Austrian Alps

Pity it was a cloudy day. The view was absolutely spectacular (and tiring as we did have to walk a fair bit) but the camera doesn't show it real well. If only we had the new one then...
Ice CavesIce Caves
Ice Caves

Freezing and very cool.
Loving the beer gardensLoving the beer gardens
Loving the beer gardens

Good fun - went to this one a couple of times!
Salzkammergut LakesSalzkammergut Lakes
Salzkammergut Lakes

Took a day trip out to the lakes near Salzburg. Cruisy day and great views again.
Random catch upRandom catch up
Random catch up

Caught up with Steve Naughtin and his lovely lady, Sib. Good craic.
Cool surfing wave in riverCool surfing wave in river
Cool surfing wave in river

This was in Munich and this guy was awesome.
Dachau Concentration CampDachau Concentration Camp
Dachau Concentration Camp

2000 plus people had to use these toilets - ridiculous. Sobering experience, unbelievable some of the stories actually. So sad and so cruel.
Real buskingReal busking
Real busking

Yes Nan, that is a man playing a piano in the middle of the town square. He was in Salzburg and Munich!
Trying in vain to get fitTrying in vain to get fit
Trying in vain to get fit

Dave knows he is seeing Bruce soon - wants to look good. (Sorry Dave).
Not helping the fitness campaignNot helping the fitness campaign
Not helping the fitness campaign

Another beer garden, this time in Munich. The biggest in the world - holds 8,000 people!
Summer festival in SalzburgSummer festival in Salzburg
Summer festival in Salzburg

and Camera dying - no flash means no good picture. Great party though, so many bands etc to choose from. Going again tonight after this!
Being childish at a German theme parkBeing childish at a German theme park
Being childish at a German theme park

Thought we'd do something different instead of the normal touristy things. Mastered the public transport system (not the easiest place to get to) and the rides. This one is in a bath tub.
Dicky number 2Dicky number 2
Dicky number 2

This is what I'm looking at every day...Dave's gonna kill me for putting this one on the blog.


9th August 2008

hope you gave Zoe 20 lashes for dropping the camera Dave and looks like Nanna Cooper needs to get the shears out on that hair.
9th August 2008

Mmmm Im a little concerned with your lack of carefulness with chocolate, I think you've become a little sloppy with your time overseas :) Looks so awesome still so jealous. Just remember you can not eat you camera no matter what topping you put on it :)
10th August 2008

hair
yep that hair looks horrible dave, when we catch up i can pay for a hair cut for you!! deb
10th August 2008

just catching up on your blogs..you guys look like you're having the best time!! glad that dave finally got his camera..even if it did take you breaking it zo...don't think dave is the slightest disappointed ;-) all is good in dubs, waiting to hear when the best aunt and uncle let me know when they are arriving???! heading to amsterdam and belgium end of the month. can't wait..my two best things..chocolate and.... anyway. keep well, thanks for my b-day msgs :-) didn't want to text back coz I know it costs you too. kisses and lots of love! have the best time at la tomatina!! show them the way to toss tomatoes :-) xxxooo
21st August 2008

hi guys, awesome last few blogs. what beautiful country. dread up the do crocket!
23rd August 2008

Congrats on the pole vault gold medal dave!!!!!, didn't even know you were competing.
27th August 2008

fab photo's
wow great photo's just caught up with them all from the bull run garden's and ice caves look great!
27th August 2008

oops
and the alps !!

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb