Europa 2008 - the 1st month of travel


Advertisement
Europe
June 13th 2008
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Poulets a GO GO!Poulets a GO GO!Poulets a GO GO!

Poulets a GO GO! - this one is for you Jimmy ;)
I have been on the road for a month now. Not had much opportunity to update an online blog. However i am keeping a personal journal that i update nearly every day. Something that i hope will keep me relatively sane! I aim to update this online blog every now and then when i can, and also to put my favourite photos here.

So.... the 1st month, very briefly.... I left Bristol, UK on 14th May. Ferry Dover to Calais. Spent a bit of time near Saint Omer (not far from Calais). Visited Florian in Paris and undertook a night time bicycle tour of the city. Then via Dijon to Switzerland.

Visited the H.R.Giger museum in the Freiborg region, that was pretty cool! After switzerland i crossed the alps by tunnel which cost about £25 to enter!!! But seeing as there was a major storm and a torrential down pour at the time i consider it was the safest option!

Roads in italy are pretty bad, unless you pay to use the autostrada, But it is usually best to pay the toll. I whizzed it down to Pennabilli (about 30km south of Rimini) a mountain town where there was the street artist festival.

After the festival i spent a few hours in San Marino, then headed to the coast between Cattolice and Pesaro. Found a camp spot with a bella vista! stayed there for a few days then journeyed down to Lago Trasimeno where i stayed by the lake for a few more days.

Now i am in Perugia. An interesting city that has the old town atop a massive hill.... or even a mountain. Fortunately there is a monorail station (metromini) very near to where i am parked so it is cheap and easy to go up the hill to the old town. There are many winding narrow streets that are great to explore. Think i will stay a few days as it is the 1st city in Italy that i have visited on this trip that has really appealed to me.

Check the photos as they probably say much more than i have compressed into a few paragraphs here!




Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

gargoyles detail
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

more devilish detail above the main entrance
Paris - La Tour EiffelParis - La Tour Eiffel
Paris - La Tour Eiffel

viewed from the north bank of the seine
Paris - La Tour EiffelParis - La Tour Eiffel
Paris - La Tour Eiffel

panoramic photo stitch
Paris TunnelParis Tunnel
Paris Tunnel

I just happened upon the tunnel where Princes Di came to an abrupt ending in 1997
SwitzerlandSwitzerland
Switzerland

This hairy caterpilla was trying to eat my feet!!!
SwitzerlandSwitzerland
Switzerland

sculpture outside a castle
SwitzerlandSwitzerland
Switzerland

a stone row near Estaveyers-le-lac
SwitzerlandSwitzerland
Switzerland

medieval tower
Italy - alpsItaly - alps
Italy - alps

monastery in the valley
Italy, Pennabilli FestivalItaly, Pennabilli Festival
Italy, Pennabilli Festival

Gadjo....balkan, gypsy, fok, ska...etc. oh and Fraggle is from bath


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb