The Iron Curtain


Advertisement
Europe
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Iron Curtain is border that seperated the Soviet Union and the communist countries of Eastern Europe from the Western European countries. the first use of this word was in 1920, by Ethel Snowden, in the book Through Bolshevik Russia. But this term was not largely used until 1945 when Winston Churchill made a speech. Cold War was important. And this is still important in many parts of Europe. TIC was most obious sign of Cold War. So TIC is important too.

Most countries of west of Iron Curtain- with the exception of neutral Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Sweden, Finland and Ireland — were allied with the United States. Then like a NATO, many organization was formed and this affects many parts of present economy. In spite of having a cooperation with outer country in western europe, eastern europe developed their own international economic and military power. In the course of nature, two territory's culture, society and indutry make a difference too. So Iron Curtain is super super important.

How to learn TIC is not a big deal. The process that can tell the difference between west and east can be the way. And this is various. For example, to compare western thing with estern thing(to know the cultural difference) , to have a talk with person who know the TIC, to search the each countries state, etc.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb