Lapland, Oslo and Stockholm


Advertisement
Europe
January 6th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello LaplandHello LaplandHello Lapland

We arrived in Romanevi.
We've been all silent Bob on you all lately so here you go...

Dan, myself and six others ventured up to the Arctic circle to Santa's village in Lapland for Xmas day. We stole a Xmas tree, smoked out a beautiful log cabin, drove ski mobiles and, for some, attempted snowboarding for the first time (not me I'm a traditionalist and will never turn - unlike Dan who went to the dark side!). Backsides were only relieved form the days efforts through 90degree Celsius saunas!



Finland disallowed the selling of all alcohol (bar beer and cider) for the entire Xmas period we were there - we only just stopped asking for a ticket refund when we learnt that you could still buy a bottle of wine in the restaurant and sneak it into a large bag under the premise that it "had all been drunk and the bottle was cleared by another waitress!!!". All of a sudden a cheap Aussie Sav became the elixir of life, which creates suspicion in the eyes of others who are on the constant vigil to ensure no-one corks the bottle and privately consumes it!



Moving onto Oslo, we spent three nights with crack whores and dealers, witnessing many a drug deal followed by a huge drug bust - entertainment provided through a bloody punch up! We took a break from the sideline spectator activities to journey by train to Konesburg - 2 hrs train ride for a full day and evening of skiing with the most talented teenagers I have ever witnessed in my entire 28 years of life! Teenagers - Amazing. Me - shame!



After we had finished three days we trained for 5 hours to Stockholm. 5hrs..duty free…eight travellers…..hilarity. A wee bit tippled we arrived and negotiated our way to the hotel - which was very lovely indeed. Reading the eyes of the reception staff, they were questioning what kind of animals had just turned up, further enhancing suspicion was the fact that Dan was scooting me around in the luggage trolley, then Jaron battled the trolley off Dan only to let the trolley and me slide at uncontrollable speed down a slight decline.



New Years eve was lovely then raucous. The Swedish nutters let off fireworks with no regard for human eyes, legs, ears or humans in general - the police were loving it too! After a firecracker went off far too close to my feet and I scaled the guy next to me like a ladder, we ventured out into the night for boogie action.



Two fabulous weeks of rapscallion proportions packaged in snow - photos to follow…



Additional photos below
Photos: 106, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The lovely fire placeThe lovely fire place
The lovely fire place

little black smoke damage, wasn't us - really.
The crewThe crew
The crew

on route to a ferry ride in Helsinki.


Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb