THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR


Advertisement
Europe
October 29th 2007
Published: October 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a relaxing day at Sea yesterday we spent this afternoon in sunny, warm Gibraltar. A little piece of Britain at the very tip of Spain. It was far more interesting than we had thought and the views of the harbor were magnificent. The area has tremendous military history and the town and caves above are also inhabited by the Barbary Monkeys which are the only wild monkeys in Europe. It is an amazing location - you can see two continents - Africa and Europe and three countries, Gibraltar, Spain and Morocco all from one spot. It’s also amazingly safe - they’ve had no crimes involving children since the late 1800s and virtually no crimes against people at all. That said, security in the harbor seemed the tightest we’d seen - probably owing to Morocco being only 14 miles away. Crew members related to us that the last time an American ship docked in Morocco, the passengers were spit upon by the locals when they came off the ship. We’re glad they decided not to go there. We’re back at sea now enroute to Malaga Spain.

All continues well here. Hope everyone is ok at home. We miss you all!

Love,

Renee and Larry (and Faye and Bill)



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb