Amsterdam (The Damage)


Advertisement
Europe
August 29th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

THE DAMAGE

Another one of my favourite places!! So different. Here in the Netherlands we stopped at a clog and cheese making factory. The guy here that runs the place is hilarious. The cheese is absolutely beautiful and he makes hundreds of different types of clogs, as comfortable as he makes them sound I refrain from purchasing any. Then we make our way into Amsterdam and check into our hostel.

Earlier on in the bus everyone is asked if they would like to attend a sex show in the red light district, something they normally take passengers to but not something everyone always does. The whole bus puts up their hand, sounds like it could be a good laugh. We are also warned about what we may see. We basically dump our bags and head out on the town to discover what’s what. From coffee shops to mushroom shops, it really is a surreal place, it’s quite a big town too. It’s not long before we head back to the hostel to depart for our red light district expedition (for those that want the real details -e-mail me, LOL!). Let’s just say everyone had a good time and the sex show totally blew us away. Every angle, lots of tricks and the whole act was very entertaining. After the show we head out into the red light district town and wonder around the streets. I could not stop staring at everything, I was in shock, one thing after the other. Girls in shop windows posing to sell themselves, it really is quite unbelievable. We were also warned not to even take a camera on this night as if you are caught with one bodyguards will grab it and smash it and throw it into the canal, such a shame because it is the most of wanted to take pics the whole trip, LOL! Later on we all head to a club to party on.

The next day it takes us all a while to get up and get organized. It’s a free day to wonder around and do what we want, a bit sad, as it’s our last night on tour tonight. But we refuse to think about reality just yet! Kate, Aimz, Karen and I wonder around town and head to the sex museum, which was really warped but interesting, Ann Frank’s house had a massive queue so we decide to move on to the Van Gogh museum and finally head back to the hostel, we are knackered!! Tonight we are going out in style, we all have a tour dinner at a waterside Chinese Restaurant ‘Sea Palace’, which was actually really nice. Then we aboard our booze cruise boat and set off around Amsterdam on the water and make the most of it while we can. Hard to believe we’ve all been together for nearly a month, it’s gone too quick and we all want to stay together longer %-(


But we have had an awesome time and have been really lucky to share it all with one another! We were also lucky enough to get another tour leader when we arrived in Amsterdam, the awesome Katie, hat a lucky girl, got to come and party with us in the Damage and gets to escort us back to London via Brugge and Dover.




Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb