Paris


Advertisement
Europe
August 7th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Getting to Paris was easy, they hardly looked at our passports at all (in your face mean customs lady). However once we got there and went to look for the train we wound up standing in a line up to get back on a plane (silly us). Once we finally figured out how to get to the train and where to go we were given train tickets by a couple that wasn't using them anymore. This unfortunatly meant that we had very little excuse to continue talking to the cute australian boy in front of us in the line up to get tickets. After lingering as long as we could we were off for the train.

The story gets a little complicated here what with trains going out of service and not stopping where it says they will stop on the map. But to make a long story short we were in downtown Paris in the middle of the night and we were going to either have to cab (40 euros no thanks) walk (too far) or figure out the bus system fast. I wound up talking to an interesting little man who pointed us in the right direction. He then appeared at the next stop (we swear he wasnt on the bus with us) to yet again put us on the correct bus. We finally got to our hostel (which turned out to be a hotel) at 3am. It is in a small suburb outside Paris. The buses have stopped running, there are no cabs in this area and we don't know if there will be someone there to let us in. We were in luck and thanks to all the wonderful French people we got to sleep in a bed that night.

We spent our one day in Paris climbing the Eiffel tower and on a river boat tour. Which was a lot of fun despite how tired we were from the night before. We had the intentions of going out to party in Paris but we passed out as soon as we got back.

Before we left we got the chance to go see Notre Dame and have a wonder around. Then the plan was to get to the Carters that night. Ha were we wrong...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb