103 degrees outside and we're still lovin' it:)


Advertisement
Europe
July 23rd 2007
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I'm finally getting around to writing a blog! We are escaping the heat by hiding out at Lydia's old school in Athens(free internet!) before we head to Crete on an overnight ferry. Athens has been great, the mix of the old and the new is amazing. I found a running spot in the national gardens and have stumbled upon old tombs and columns right off the path...almost unreal! As Lydia said the hostel was very nice, hot but that can only be expected. We met some really nice people there and spent saturday night at Lydia's old hangout Brettos. I got to try some of the local drinks(legally) and have fallen in love with rose liquer, Lydia still swears by their house-made retsina which actually wasn't too bad. Sunday we spent the day at the bech outside of Athens to escape the heat and although it was crowded it was still a great way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Crete should be just as wonderful as Athens! Lydia's connections have landed us with accomodations at what looks like a beautiful hotel and best part about it- its all free. We are planning some mroe quality beach time and a hike through the Semarian gorge. After a week in the city I am defiently ready to get back to my element! It is a 10 mile hike and we have heard nothing but great things about it so that should be a fun day.

Best wishes to everyone😊

-Suzanne

Advertisement



24th July 2007

What Young Women!!
Lydia and Suzanne, We are so happy for and proud of you two! We will follow your journey with affection and anticipation. Love, Big John and Judy

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb