little black birds everywhere


Advertisement
Europe
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,
It's now the end of week 6 and things are fantastic. we're back in another heat wave which makes working at site alot of fun. We have now excavated 10 penguins. The last one I did contained 3 intact vessels, a jug, cup and bowl. They were so pretty!!! there was also shell and glass beads which made up what we think were two necklaces. That was so exciting. the others have been empty or very fragmented. but i'm still so excited everytime we take off the cap stones, because you never know what will come up.
Last weekend we were in tragana, we only had day trips around the region so we all went out to the beach bar again on saturday. And Kerril and I were "swing" dancing for a long period of time, we even made up some sweet moves. One was called the plow zone! I'll have to show you when i'm back...they're definitely worth seeing! Last night (friday) we again went to the beach bar because they were throwing a huge beach party. they set up an extra bar right on the beach. It was a good drunken night! Today we drove to delphi. It's a beautiful little town. Along our way we stopped at a monestary that had some amazing frescos and mosaics.
We went shopping to get some little souvenirs and Cheryl (a trench supervisor/driver/friend) took us to a store that she went to last year. and the owner, because we spoke a little greek to him, and we werestudents gave us a rediculous deal. and also free gifts. The best part was that later that day some of the other students went in there and he was like... are you friends with hillary, the archaeologist? I will give you 60% off. He also asked them if I was married. CRAZY! oh the drama. He recommended a place for us to eat this eveining...where we are giong, and we have bets on if he'll show up or not. We didn't invite him, but we all figure that he will come.

On site there are two possible graves and in one trench that is much deeper then the others they think there might be a shaft grave. That will be really exciting because we've only been excavating cist tombs. So changing it up will be exciting if it does turn out to be tomb.

Oh Ainsley, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i'm sorry I still haven't called you, but it's tough with the time differece. I will call you think weekend.

Mom and dad, I am so impressed that you guys climbed delphi...it's a hike! and i'm glad to hear that you guys are walking everywhere in paris.

Happy birthday Lauren! I love you...hope you're reading this. How is your summer in Guelph?

ok, well I better take of it's time to siesta.
3 more weeks of digging to go. Can't wait to see what we find. it should be an exciting last half of the dig!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb