3rd Camping Trip


Advertisement
Europe
June 25th 2005
Published: June 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another camping trip over, this time it was for 4 nights and 5 days. We went to another Provincial Park in Ontario, this time to Bronte Creek, near Oakville Ontario.
We went there on a Tuesday and left on a Saturday. This campsite had its good things and bad things. I think the campground has around 117 sites all with electricity, no water at the sites. You have to fill up with water at the dump/fill station when you first enter the campground, there are also taps throughout the campground, but you can't hook up a hose to them. This campground is has only been open for about 4 years. There wasn't enough washrooms. We stayed in the 400 series, campsite 420. There was only 2 washrooms within walking distance, but there were more available in driving distance. There was only 3 showers, and again you had to drive.

When we first came to the campsite it wasn't busy, so there wasn't much noise and the washrooms were very clean. I am not sure why some people have to make a mess of a washroom, so we can't blame the cleaning staff for the mess.

We found there wasn't really too much to do at this campground. There was a pool and bike trails, but these were in the other area of the Provincial Park, you had to leave the campground and drive a couple of kilometers. The pool wasn't open until July 1st, and we had a heat wave, temperatures around 90 degrees! We had a huge campsite. Some sites had no shade, full shade or partial shade. Our site had partial shade. We didn't find the gate staff too friendly nor knowledgeable. The site was patrolled, not sure when they stopped at night. We felt very safe at this campground, left our trailer several times during our stay without any troubles.

This campsite was situated between Niagra Falls and Toronto. There is a train service that you can take to Toronto, cost around $14.00 return trip. We went to Niagra Falls for the day, only about an hour drive away. We also went to Canada's Wonderland, that was about 1.5 hour drive away. Traffic is really hectic on the 401 and the QEW. The campground is off the QEW look for the small sign that says Bronte Provincial Park.

We would go back to this campsite, and we rate it a 3.5 out of 5. I am sure we would have rated it higher if the pool had been open.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb