Planning your next trip? Here are vital things to keep in mind while carrying power banks on plane


Advertisement
Europe
August 26th 2023
Published: August 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post



Traveling with electronic devices has become commonplace in today's digital age. One important gadget that many people rely on is the power bank. However, when it comes to air travel, there are specific rules and regulations regarding carrying power banks onboard a plane. These guidelines ensure the safety and security of passengers and the aircraft itself.



The Capacity and Power output generally allowed on board

In order to ensure the safety of air travel, there are specific restrictions regarding the capacity and power output of power banks that can be carried onboard planes. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), power banks with a capacity higher than 100Wh or 27,000mAh are not allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage. This is due to the risk of potential fire hazards associated with high-capacity power banks. Additionally, power banks with a capacity between 100Wh and 160Wh or 27,000mAh and 46,000mAh may be allowed onboard, but require prior approval from the airline.

Certifications or marks that indicate the compliance of a power bank

When it comes to carrying power banks onboard an airplane, it is important to consider the type of certifications that should be marked on these devices. Certifications such as UN/DOT 38.3, IEC 62133, and UL 2054 are commonly required to ensure the safety and reliability of power banks during air travel. These certifications indicate that the power bank has undergone rigorous testing to meet specific standards for performance, quality, and safety. Airlines and regulatory agencies may require passengers to provide documentation or labels on the power banks indicating the presence of these certifications.

Worry Free travel with Veger Power Banks

Veger Power Banks offer all necessary certifications and safety standards to carry them inside a plane. These power banks have been rigorously tested and meet the requirements of certifications such as UN/DOT 38.3, IEC 62133, and UL 2054. With these certifications, passengers can confidently travel with Veger Power Banks knowing that they comply with international safety regulations. Whether it's a long flight or a quick trip, having a reliable and compliant power bank like Veger ensures that you can stay connected and powered up throughout your journey.



Conclusion

From understanding the rules and regulations of carrying power banks onboard an airplane to ensuring the devices meet the necessary certifications and safety standards, it is clear that traveling with electronic devices requires attention to detail. By following these guidelines and utilizing power banks with the appropriate capacity and certifications, passengers can have a worry-free travel experience. Veger Power Banks offer a reliable solution for travelers, as they have undergone rigorous testing and meet international safety regulations. With these power banks, individuals can confidently stay connected and powered up throughout their journey, enhancing their overall travel experience.

Stay Safe & Stay Juiced Up!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb