What To See In Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe
December 16th 2022
Published: December 16th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Montenegro is a beautiful country located in the Balkans, on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. It's known for its stunning natural beauty, with towering mountains, crystal-clear lakes, and picturesque beaches.

Top 5 Things To See In Montenegro



If you're planning a trip to Montenegro, here are some of the top sights and attractions you won't want to miss:

Kotor Old Town



This medieval town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and for good reason. Its narrow cobblestone streets and charming squares are filled with historic buildings, museums, and churches. Don't miss the Cathedral of St. Tripun, the Maritime Museum, and the ancient city walls.

Lovcen National Park



This beautiful park is home to the second-highest peak in Montenegro, Mount Lovcen. The park is perfect for hiking, with well-marked trails and stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the Bay of Kotor.

Sveti Stefan



This tiny island off the coast of Montenegro is connected to the mainland by a narrow causeway. It's known for its stunning beaches and luxury hotels, and it's a popular spot for celebrities and the wealthy.

Durmitor National Park



This park is a hiker's paradise, with towering peaks, deep canyons, and glacial lakes. It's also home to the Tara River, which is popular for rafting and kayaking.

Budva Old Town



This historic town on the coast of the Adriatic Sea is known for its charming streets, historic buildings, and picturesque beaches. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the Mediterranean climate. Also, one of the most popular places in Montenegro for car rentals. Find the best car rental in Budva with Tara-Car.

Overall, Montenegro is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves nature, history, and beautiful scenery. Whether you're looking for adventure or relaxation, you'll find it in this beautiful country.

Plan Itinerary Ahead



If you're planning to use a car rental in Montenegro to see the sights, it's a good idea to plan your itinerary in advance. Montenegro has a well-developed road network, so you should be able to reach all the top sights and attractions easily by car.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your trip:



● Be sure to book your car rental in advance, as the best deals and availability can be found online.

● Make sure you have a valid driving licence and an International Driving Permit if necessary.

● Familiarize yourself with the local traffic laws and customs before you hit the road.

● Plan your route carefully, taking into account the distance between each attraction and the estimated driving time.

● Keep in mind that some roads in Montenegro can be winding and narrow, so take your time and drive carefully.

● Make sure to have a map or a GPS navigation system with you to help you find your way.

● With a car rental, you'll have the freedom and flexibility to explore Montenegro at your own pace. Just be sure to plan your trip carefully and drive safely, and you'll be able to enjoy all the beautiful sights and attractions this country has to offer.

The Best Time to Visit Montenegro



The best time to visit Montenegro depends on your personal preferences and what you want to do while you're there. Montenegro has a Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters.

If you're planning to visit Montenegro for its beaches and outdoor activities, the best time to go is during the summer months, from June to September. The weather is warm and sunny, and the water is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.

However, if you're planning to visit Montenegro for its cultural attractions, hiking, and skiing, the best time to go is during the shoulder seasons, from April to May and from October to November. The weather is mild and pleasant, and the crowds are smaller.

Overall, the best time to visit Montenegro is between June and September for beach lovers, and between April and May or October and November for outdoor enthusiasts and culture seekers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.67s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.3116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb