Holidays in the UK - what are my options?


Advertisement
Europe
September 23rd 2022
Published: September 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

I'm not against flying - or holidays in different continents. After all, how else can you see the world if you don't fly there? But If you want a local UK holiday, for sustainability reasons or to save money - here's some ideas!


Firstly, camping and caravanning anyone? It's a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get close to nature. There are many different camping and caravanning sites across the UK, whether it's The New Forest in the South of England to spectacular Welsh beauty spots. You could go surfing in Cornwall or the highlands in Scotland.

Next... An eco city break is a great way to explore a new place without having to travel too far - but you'll need to explore via bike and walking to make it eco. Ditch those hire cars and taxis. We have some brilliant cities in the UK from Edinburgh to Bristol and Sheffield to Bath. You can explore the coast at Brighton or Southsea or the tourism attractions of London if that's your thing. Either way, an eco holiday is always possible if you change the way you travel and eat for the weekend.

A UK cycling holiday is a great way to see the world whilst getting some exercise. There are many different locations to choose from, so you can find one that suits your ability and location! Do you prefer Scottish highlands, Wales, or Cornwall? Take your pick!

A walking holiday is a great way to explore parts of UK at a much slower pace. There are many different routes to choose from, so you can find one that suits your ability. Are you a fast or a slow walker, I hear you ask? Choose carefully! If nature is your thing, there are many different wildlife watching holidays available in the UK. This is a great way to see some of the amazing birds and animals that the UK has to offer. From farm stays to bird spotting walks, there are many-an-option for the wildlife enthusiast.

As mentioned above a farm stay is a great way to experience country life. There are many different farms to choose from so you can find one that suits your needs. Alternatively, a boat holiday is a great way to see the UK from a different perspective. There are many different boat holidays available so you can find one that suits your needs. Finally, glamping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors without having to rough it. There are many different glamping sites across the UK and you can do it at summer festivals too or even in your own back garden.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb