Tips on How to Shop For an Auto Extended Warranty


Advertisement
Europe
December 16th 2021
Published: December 16th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Auto extended warranty companies can be very confusing, but there are some basic guidelines that you should follow. First of all, you need to shop for it at a reputable dealer who will offer you a selection of plans and at competitive prices. It's also a good idea to get an idea of the approximate length of time you want your warranty to cover. It's possible to purchase an auto extended warranty plan that will cover only a specific number of miles per year. Check out this feature before you commit to anything.

It can be difficult to know what kind of service level is offered from an extended warranty company. The plans may have all of the bells-and-whistles, but this usually means that they do not include extended service call support, which is a significant benefit. Before buying, find out exactly what kind of service level is provided from the company. If it's not high quality, then stick with another company. On the other hand, if you're getting an excellent warranty, then you may want to consider purchasing more services that will be included in the coverage plan.

When shopping for an auto extended warranty, you have to do the homework as you would with finding a reliable car. For instance, a Subaru Crosstrek’s reliability rating is pretty high. Many people who do their research can tell you that owning this car is one of the best decisions they have made. The same goes for warranties, you need to shop and do your research.

Once you have narrowed down the extended warranty companies you want to work with, ask them about their customer service. Ascertain that they have adequate customer service representatives available to assist you when you need them. Find out if there are toll free numbers to contact, as well as email and web support. In addition, you should find out how long it will take for the company to deliver your warranty.

It is very important to understand the terms and conditions of any warranty contract. Be sure to compare several companies and several plans to determine which plan is best for you. Also, review the fine print. This is where most people have trouble, as they tend to read what is listed on the sales brochure instead of reading all of the fine print. The sales brochure may tell you the name of the covered repairs, but it does not include the specific coverage details.

Be sure to also verify that the company will honor all claims. If they don't, you can file a claim with your own insurer. Be aware that many warranties do not cover damages caused by natural disasters. There may be additional requirements that you must meet.

When comparing the cost of the different auto extended warranty plans, consider what service levels are offered. Some plans only cover replacement parts and labor. Some cover only parts or labor. Obviously, the more coverage the plan offers, the more expensive the premiums will be. However, if you only need something replaced or repaired once in a lifetime, such as a transmission that is due for repair, then it would be cheaper to select an auto extended warranty with just parts coverage.

Check to see what types of consumer reports the company has been criticized for. There are many good consumer reports published about most auto extended warranty companies. Read through them to see what other customers have said. A company that receives only good customer reports is not likely to honor any claims made against them. Also, read through the fine print of the warranty to see what is not covered. There may be provisions in the warranty that you weren't aware of.

Shop online for the best rates. The internet makes it easy to comparison shop auto extended

warranty companies. It is important, however, that you take some time to visit each of the company's websites to determine what services and coverage they offer. Find out how long they have been in business and if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau. You want to be sure you are dealing with a credible company. Once you have found the company that meets your individual needs, be sure to purchase your policy and begin enjoying the peace of mind it provides.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.548s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb