THINGS TO DO IN DUBROVNIK: A TRAVEL GUIDE


Advertisement
Europe
November 22nd 2019
Published: November 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post



Anyone who is a travel geek and loves to explore new places and sites must be aware of the famous tourist attraction Dubrovnik located in Croatia. it was once a seaside town and not many new about the place but today is world famous for its old city town, its beauty, dazzling views over the Adriatic Sea and much more. Its newly gained fame is also because of the fact that it has been a choice of many movies and programs featured on big channels like HBO and shows like Game of thrones, Star Wars where the city is used to portray the royal and mythical city of kings landing. Because of this, Dubrovnik private tours turnout has immensely increased and made the Dubrovnik one of the frequently visited and most desired tourist spot of the world. Not just that, once you visit the city there are a number of places to visit and a number of things to do to have the full experience of this small town that can me you fall in love with it immediately. So, let’s just have a look over it.

THE OLD CITY WALLS



The old city walls is a landmark of the city that presents breath taking views over the top of it. The wall is made up of massive stones that extend for almost 2 kms. You would have to start your climb at Ploce gate that takes you ultimately to the pile gate where you can have a refreshing view of the old town’s crowded main street called Stradun. A pro-tip would be to start your day for excursions from Dubrovnik early especially in summers so you can skip the heat during climbing up the steep steps. But nevertheless, the breathtaking view atop the red roof tops worth all the efforts. The most enjoyable part of the old city walls walk is the panorama of the Adriatic Sea you get to see and the island of Lokrum near it. The words fall short to explain the beauty of it.

THE OLD TOWN




As soon as you land in the city, the foremost activity to do is to have an exploration tour of the old town. This old town is famous for being the best-preserved medieval town. The best part of this old town is that it is very congested so everything Is literally at a walking distance that makes the experience less hectic and more enjoyable. The backstreets maze and alleyways ask the traveler to get lost in them but hey! Don’t worry you will eventually find your way to the main street (stradun) anyhow. There are a number to things to visit in the old town like the famous Onofrios Fountain, the pile gate, the clock tower, the church of Blaise and St. Ignatius of Loyola, Franciscan monastery and the Sponza palace. Apart from that the food old city has to offer is the best and that too with a huge variety from seafood to traditional Croatian menu, from pizzas to burgers everything is available. All the sites are worth visiting during excursions from Dubrovnik and yes, you can’t afford to leave your camera behind as these places are literally the best photography sites you would get to experience. So, don’t miss out the chance.

SEA KAYAKING




If you are in Dubrovnik, you would definitely sign up for the tour of sea kayaking. It begins underneath the ancient fort Lovrjenac, in the pile port. You can paddle away in the sea kayaking to the Lokrum where you get to see island’s sea caves and you end up In the Betina which is a beautiful hidden cave. You can go cliff jumping at betina and then can move back to the city walls and passing beneath them you end up being at pile bay again. But this whole beautiful weather and sea experience would let you have the best of nature therapy you can ever get plus yeah! Who doesn’t like those sea photoshoots, right?


BANJE BEACH




A few miles away from the old town, there is a beach named Banje Beach, which has the perfect crystal-clear water for swimming and pebble beach is best to have a relaxing summer tan experience and enjoying the nearby passing harbor traffic. All you need to do is just rent a chair and umbrella or simply use a towel and have fun filled day at the beach.


So, that’s all about the Dubrovnik private tours, we hope this would help you to plan your next trip and have the most out of it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.783s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.3186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb