Germany - Day 6


Advertisement
Europe
October 4th 2019
Published: October 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Munich. When we woke in the morning, both of us were pretty exhausted and feeling ready to go home. But.....we decided to make the most of the day.

We headed to Munich's outdoor market, called the Vitualmarkt. It was huge! Incredible! So many vendors in stands & tents selling everything you can imagine. Fruit, veggies, mushrooms, wine, cheese, meat, plus fresh food to eat - salads, sandwiches, coffee, juice. Just amazing. I wish we had big markets like this in the states. We could have spent thousands of dollars. We each go some fresh juice and a prosciutto & mozzarella panini. After that, latte. It was fun to just walk around and see it all. We stopped by the Marienplatz square and checked out the glockenspiel clock when it struck noon. The little people up in the clock tower do a little dance, sort-of.

It was a bit drizzly and cold and Randy has been feeling a little sinusy, so we went back to the hotel to rest a bit. After an hour or so, we decided to hit the Oktoberfest grounds one more time. It was absolutely packed! Much moreso than when we went on Monday. Holy cow, it was wall-to-wall people and some tents wouldn't even let you inside. We made our way inside the standing-room-only section of the Hofbrau tent and swigged a beer before making our way over to one of the smaller tents to eat & drink with a sorority sister of mine, Dawn. It was so neat to see her, I haven't since Purdue!

After that, we walked to more tents and made some friends with a couple from Maine. They were younger than us and live in Amsterdam, where the girl is originally from. They were fun to talk to as we drank more beer. So fun in fact, that we closed down Oktoberfest! The tents shut down at 10, so we headed back and went right to sleep.

As I type this, we are sitting at the Munich airport getting ready to board the long flight to Toronto. We are both completely exhausted and ready to be at home in our own bed and with our babies. It was a great trip, no question, and we are grateful for the experience of seeing yet another wonderful country in Europe!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb