Moving on


Advertisement
Europe
August 23rd 2019
Published: August 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Up fairly early but only for coffee and smokes. Packed up by 11.30 and on the road again, heading towards Liepzig.
Fuel stop first, And right opposite the petrol station is a roadside cafe type thing called Istanbull. We decide to stop for brunch, sausage and chips!
Now everything is filled up we head to the Autobahn.
Weather is gorgeous again and traffic light.
Got a few hundred miles to cover so we do the usual, stop after 50 miles for a smoke, stop in another 50 for fuel and smoke and so it goes on. Really wish I could open her up, but Grey's maximum cruising speed is 80mph.
German drivers are nutcases!
I was slowing down behind a wagon to pull off for a fag stop and Grey came past. Frantic arm waving and horn blowing and he realised, but had to pull off in front of the wagon, into the services right in front of a police car! Luckily they just laughed at him.
Nearing Liepzig, Grey wanted a lakeside campsite. Managed to find one near Altenburg. Decided to book in for two nights to get a rest.
Ate in the restaurant (schnitzel again) and had a few bevvies before calling it a night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb