3 apps to download before going travelling


Advertisement
Europe
August 9th 2019
Published: August 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

As summer draws to a close, many of us will choose to continue chasing the sun by travelling around the globe.

From experience, travelling for the first time can be quite daunting especially if done so alone.

Fortunately, in 2019 we can carry the perfect travel companion in our pockets - out smartphones!

Whether you have an iPhone or Android, there are a plethora of apps that’ll enhance your travel experience if used correctly.

Below I’ll list 3 that helped make my year of travelling my best!

Backpackr

Backpackr is similar in concept to Tinder except it's designed solely for solo travellers.

All you do is enter a city with the dates you’re going to be there and the app will show you other people visiting there at the same time. Next, you share your interests and if they match up you can meet and visit attractions together.

Furthermore, the app offers its members discounts on hostels, pub crawls, bars, restaurants, and local tours.

What I loved about Backpackr: It made me feel like I had made friends before I even got on my plane. It totally eliminated the fear of travelling alone for the first time.

Pax 3 Vaporizer App.

I've always enjoyed smoking but have recently swapped that for dry herb vaping. Not only are vapes healthier, but they're also a lot more convenient for travellers too.

I’ve owned a few dry herb vaporizers but my favorite has been the Pax 3. It looks great, is absolutely tiny and has a long battery life making it perfect for the wandering traveller.

However, what really makes the Pax 3 special is its inbuilt smartphone app. The app is available for both Android and iOS and connects to your phone via Bluetooth.

Once connected, you can fully control the vape with your phone, for example, light intensity and temperature settings.

What we love about Pax 3 vaporizer app: The App has lots of functions but perhaps the best is vaping mode. The app allows you to choose from four different vaping modes:

● Efficiency - helping your herbs and tobacco last as long as possible

● Stealth - minimises vapour, perfect for a quick vaping session in your hotel room

● Boost - For a quick session, provides powerful hits

● Flavour - great for those who priorities the taste of their herbs over anything else.

Tripwhistle Global

Tripwhistle is an app dedicated to keeping you safe no matter what country you’re in. It is the only app we recommend that we hope you never have to use!

Tripwhilstle Global provides your phone with access to local emergency services including police, fire and ambulance as with a single touch.

Also, you don’t have to worry about knowing your exact location. The app will automatically relay your GPS coordinates to the dispatch.

What we love about Tripwhistle: Statistically, it's unlikely you'll ever be in any danger when travelling. However, it's nice to have the peace of mind and know that emergency services are only a few taps away no matter where you are in the world .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.684s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb