An Amazing One Way Road Trip across Europe with the Family


Advertisement
Europe
July 20th 2019
Published: July 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Have you ever tried to look out of the train window, trying to grasp the beautiful scenery outside? However, you often see nothing but a blur of the objects passing by too quickly. Having a van lets you stop anywhere you like and digest the beauty around you. This is why road trips are always better than train rides. If you are planning to travel with family, renting a van for the trip is highly recommended. The comfort and additional space vans provide are perfect for road trips.

When it comes to road trips in Europe, there are many places you can go to. Some of the best road trips are Edinburgh to Inverness in Scotland, London to Cape Cornwall in England and Lisbon to Estoril, Portugal. All of these road trips are heavenly in their own way. However, the one we will be talking about is the incredible road trip from Palermo to Siracusa, Sicily, Italy.

You will start at Palermo, known for its cuisine, art, architecture, culture, and history. After that, you will head eastward towards Messina. During your journey, you will come across the beach town of Cefalu. You will find many cafes there, some of which you will definitely not want to miss out on. You might want to stop for a quick dip in the Mediterranean too and then perhaps you can snack up on a pizza or pasta. When you arrive at Messina, you will find the city packed in history. It is known for its ancient ruins, including the cathedral and the bell tower. The bell tower is said to be the largest astronomical clock in the whole world. Messina is known for its seafood, so do not forget to fill up your stomach on some fresh fish.

From there you will head onwards to Taormina, the hilltop city. The beautiful city will provide you with the wonderous views of the sea and the streets. The city is also home to the ancient Greek theater, still used for various musical performances and other events. Keep an eye on all the events taking place while you are visiting the city. From Taormina, you will head south towards Catania, another ancient port city. If you have time, make sure you explore the city a bit before heading on to Siracusa. Like all the other cities you stopped at, Siracusa is also filled with thousands of years of history and Greek ruins. Along with ancient ruins and medieval buildings, it also has the beautiful island of Ortygia, a place you would definitely want to stay at. At night, you will get to experience the beautiful Piazza Duomo, located in the sacred area where Greek temples were built. If you are a history freak, this road trip will be an experience of a lifetime for you. However, even if you are not that much into history, these places not only provide ancient ruins, historical stories and glorious architecture but they also fill you up on delicious cuisine and lovely sceneries.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb