6 Popular Restaurants to Visit in Lisbon, Portugal


Advertisement
Europe
June 20th 2019
Published: June 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Are you planning a trip to Lisbon? If so, many fascinating historic and cultural attractions are certain to be on your itinerary. But as you enjoy your adventures, don’t forget to partake of the delicious food available in the famous city's restaurants! And remember, book your rental car in advance of arriving in Portugal

Let's discuss some fun and fantastic Lisbon restaurants that you'll want to check out!

The Food Temple




The Food Temple is a well-loved local vegetarian eating spot. It is located in the Mouraria district. While The Food Temple's menu might be small, it's certainly vibrant and interesting. Try the tapas and tasty vegetarian soup, as well as main dishes such as polenta with mushrooms and artichokes. There is both indoor and outdoor seating.

Bota Sal




Bota Sal is located in the Estrela district. You'll appreciate the distinctive maritime décor, with corrugated metal walls of seafoam green and rustic wooden chairs. Enjoy wonderful seafood, as well as dishes such as sirloin steak. If you have a sweet tooth, enjoy a dessert of lavender-infused milk custard.

Cervejaria Ramiro




This restaurant (and beer hall) is one of the most popular eating spots in Lisbon. You'll be impressed by the fact that it stretches over three floors, providing lots of seating. Get there early all the same, though, as it's always very busy and you'll have to wait for a table. Perhaps look into making reservations, as well. When you go to Cervejaria Ramiro, you'll want to begin by enjoying a martini or other aperitivo. This restaurant especially excels in its lobsters, prawns, and shellfish. Try the gamba de Algarve. Also examine and partake of the wines on the restaurant's wine list.

Taberna da Rua das Flores




Taberna da Rua das Flores is a classic Portuguese tavern where you can enjoy traditional dishes with wonderfully fresh ingredients. Visitors always enjoy the décor, which includes glass cabinets and a floor with azulejo tiles. Some of the tasty treats you should try include the fresh whole shrimp, seasonal gazpacho, mackerel tartare, and local cheese.

Boi Cavalo




Boi Cavalo is found in Alfama, along a cobblestoned alley in a very traditional neighborhood. It surprisingly offers an experimental contemporary menu, which changes regularly. While Boi Cavalo may lack a sophisticated atmosphere, it certainly has fabulous food. Ask the server for guidance in pairing a wine with your meal.

O Galito




This restaurant maintains a perfect balance of the rustic and sophisticated. If you are a wine-enthusiast, you simply cannot miss enjoying the wines perfectly matched with meals at this establishment. O Galito specializes in the cuisine of the southern Alentejo region of Portugal, so you can experience these flavors while still in Lisbon. Think about trying the carapauzinhos (small mackerel) served with tomato rice.

Have a Memorable Lisbon Vacation!



Remember to set aside time on your busy Lisbon vacation itinerary to enjoy meals at some, or even all, of the restaurants we've listed above.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb