Odyssey 2018 Preview


Advertisement
Europe
December 23rd 2017
Published: December 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

On Valentine's Day, February 14, 2018, we'll embark upon our next odyssey, a 78-day-journey to Taormina in Sicily (14 days); Sorrento on the Amalfi coast of Italy (13 days); Vienna, Austria (11 days); Bruges, Belgium (10 days); Tours, in the châteaux country of the Loire Valley in France (14 days); and last but not least, London, England (14 days).

More details to be posted soon....

Mitchell & Dee Bitting
December 21, 2017


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Taormina, SicilyTaormina, Sicily
Taormina, Sicily

Taormina is a hilltop town on the east coast of Sicily. It sits near Mount Etna, an active volcano with trails leading to the summit. The town is known for the Teatro Antico di Taormina, an ancient Greco-­Roman theater still used today. Near the theater, cliffs drop to the sea forming coves with sandy beaches.
Mt. Etna viewed from TaorminaMt. Etna viewed from Taormina
Mt. Etna viewed from Taormina

Mount Etna is an active stratovolcano on the east coast of Sicily between the cities of Messina and Catania. It lies approximately 30 miles from Taormina, and is the tallest active volcano in Europe outside the Caucasus. It is currently 3,329 m (10,922 ft) high.
Vienna, AustriaVienna, Austria
Vienna, Austria

Vienna, Austria’s capital, lies in the country’s east on the Danube River. Its artistic and intellectual legacy was shaped by residents including Mozart, Beethoven and Sigmund Freud. The city is also known for its Imperial palaces, including Schönbrunn, the Habsburgs’ summer residence.
Bruges, BelgiumBruges, Belgium
Bruges, Belgium

Bruges, the capital of West Flanders in northwest Belgium, is distinguished by its canals, cobbled streets and medieval buildings. The Markt square features a 13th-century belfry with a 47-bell carillon and 83m tower with panoramic views.
Loire Valley, FranceLoire Valley, France
Loire Valley, France

The Loire Valley, spanning some 170 miles, is located in the middle stretch of the Loire River in central France. This fertile and green valley is dotted with many world-famous châteaux.
London, EnglandLondon, England
London, England

London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is a city with history stretching back to Roman times. At its center stand the imposing Houses of Parliament, the iconic ‘Big Ben’ clock tower and Westminster Abbey, site of British monarch coronations.


31st December 2017

Happy Travels
So... looking forward to our adventure in London! You will Love Belgium!!!
14th February 2018

bon voyage!!!
Sending my love to you both, safe travels. may the days ahead be filled with positive thoughts, actions, and energy, nothing but sunshine and roses in your path. Embrace the community as you always have, and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!! love you both

Tot: 0.355s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb