Day 75


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Buono Pasque! It’s a little hard to believe it’s Easter. We went to mass this morning at St. Peter’s, which is still a little hard to believe. It was incredible! There were so many people there. It was interesting how they did it service, it was a little in a few different languages. It was nice, I may not have understood all of it, but it was nice to go to church on Easter. Actually I take that back, it was amazing to see the pope on Easter.

From St. Peter’s we somehow managed to find our way back to the hotel, via 2 buses and a 10 minutes walk. We relaxed for awhile there and decided what to do for dinner. We had sort of planned on having a relatively big dinner, and having a few different courses and making it last while, considering there wouldn’t be much else to do on Easter.

We headed toward the Via Veneto, where Hard Rock is actually, and found a place to eat there. It was delicious. I don’t think we could have chosen a better place! From there we walked around for a bit, then headed back to the hotel. Once it started getting a little dark, we went to the Trevi Fountain again. My mom seemed to want to see everything in the dark, all lit up for some reason. Yes, it’s all cool to see in the dark, but it would be next to impossible to see everything in the dark.

After that we just headed back to the hotel. Amanda leaves in the morning, around 4:30, to go the airport, then home. We’re getting her all set and ready to go. I’m staying at the hotel again tonight, so I can say goodbye to Amanda in the morning, and this way I can get breakfast (since then get breakfast for 3, and Amanda won’t be here!)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb