Sunday In London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 17th 2017
Published: September 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I would love to post pictures, but the website isn't working with my Mac or my phone in that regard so sorry about that.

Another day, another adventure. Our intent was to tour Westminster Abbey today. However, when we got there it was closed due to a special thing. Well, the special thing included Prince Charles and Camilla, which I was able to get a picture of and I believe also Edward and Sophie. So that was very cool. We got to witness first hand how the Brits love their royalty.



The rest of the day was spent just walking around. We walked across the Thames so that we could get a better view of Parliament. We went to the house where Ben Franklin spent about 20 years of his life. His wife died when he live here, although she was in the US and he also built his house in Philadelphia from this spot. It is amazing what great condition a house from the the 1700's or earlier in. Craven street is really pretty. We also went to the Covent Garden. It was overwhelming and made Camden Market look like child's play. I wish I had the desire or the stamina to push through the crowds to look at all of the stalls. 100's of them. We pushed on to the British Museum which was really interesting. The actual Rosetta Stone is located here as well as Cleopatra in a mummifed state. They had her hair combs and various other trinkets that belonged to her.

We went back to the hotel and chilled out for a little bit and then went to a Lebanese restaurant down by the river that was really good and we are sufficiently stuffed and headed to bed.

What I learned in London today:

1. I will never acquire the taste for Arabic coffee, but the service is awesome

2. The UK's surgeon general is not getting through about the harmful effects of smoking

3. Suede over the knee boots are in style and beautiful (no pic because Larry decided to change speeds and she got behind us)

4. I saw leather pants and fishnet stockings in the same outfit...not good

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb