5 Rookie Mistakes to Avoid While Traveling


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
June 29th 2017
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

“If only I had checked the passport rules before my flight”, rued Erica, my colleague. A few months back she chanced upon a dirt cheap deal for Hong Kong and booked it immediately. Everything was fine until she reached the airport’s check-in monitor. The monitor was constantly showing an error. After half an hour of constant trial it was discovered that the whole issue was with her passport. To travel to Hong Kong, your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date you take a return flight. Erica’s passport was only valid for 3 months and she forgot to check the passport rules. As a result her whole itinerary did not receive approval.



You should know that different countries have different regulations regarding passport and visa. Unbeknownst to the fact, many travelers book a holiday abroad without checking their passport eligibility- only to end up being rejected at the airport’s check-in monitor like Erica. Thus, every smart traveler should get a thorough idea of the passport and visa regulations of the particular country he wants to travel beforehand.

However this is not the only travel mistake observed with travelers. The post below jots down 4 other rookie mistakes to avoid while traveling.

Overpacking

There is no point in overloading your luggage with 4 jeans and 6 tees if it’s just a 3 nights 4 days tour. Overpacking is one of the worst blunders you can make while traveling. Not only it leaves you with bloated checked baggage but might also lead to extra charges at the airport for carrying beyond the said limit.

Not notifying credit card agency

Credit card agencies usually mark foreign transactions as fraud if the credit card holder has not informed them about his travel plans. Consequently, they will freeze the account till you notify them about the actual situation. So, always make sure to inform your credit card company before you board the flight.

Packing wine without protection

A lot of rookie travelers tend to jostle wine bottles in between their tees and jeans inside the luggage. Such packing mistakes only leave them with smashed bottles and wine-soaked clothes as they reach the destination. Wine bottles are too fragile to handle the rough handling of luggage checkers at the airport. They need proper cushion on all sides to keep them protected on your journey. It’s best to carry wine bottles in wine check luggage which is exclusively meant to carry wine safely while flying.

Not carrying extra tote for souvenirs

You are most likely to get gifts and souvenirs when you are traveling. If you don’t carry an extra bag for that, the entire load would be on your lone suitcase. You certainly don’t want to waste the last minutes of your holiday struggling to zip up your bag because of overload. So, always fold in an extra tote inside your luggage if you have plans to get gifts while on tour.

Traveling should be fun with https://www.wildjackcasino.com/ . You cannot let a passport glitch or credit card woes spoil your holiday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb