Leaving London - and saying hi to Kelly


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
April 2nd 2017
Published: April 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thank goodness for a completely equitable division of labor. Susan is currently doing the laundry, the dishes, the packing and also watching Red Dwarf. I am writing this and watching Red Dwarf. Who says men can’t . . .





multitask?



Staying in Kelly’s apartment has provided an interesting variation in our visiting pattern to London. We have strolled around the immediate, moderately untouristy area just trying to see what she sees. This morning I went for a jog around Battersea Park, which is just across the Thames from here. It is about a 10 minute walk across Battersea Bridge. The sun was shining, the flowers were blooming, the birds were singing, the dogs were being walked, and old tourists were marvelling at the fact that they could still move. Or perhaps that was just me.



We got out of the flat for lunch at the local pub. It doesn’t seem like a bad place but it has never been crowded. Today, there were maybe five people in the place and we were the only ones having lunch. Maybe the prices had something to do with it. 44 pounds for two lattes, 2 chicken masalas with white rice, and two glasses of white wine.



Ouch.



Well, that’sLondon for you. On the other hand, after lunch we had a chance to tour the grounds of the Royal Chelsea Hospital. Really, really nice. Have a look at the pictures. First, of course, is Susan in front of the main building which was designed by Christopher Wren. Pretty elegant. Yes, both of them.



Following are some photos of the grounds, which are only open to the public from April 1. Enjoy.



I have to go lean on suitcases to get the zippers closed. I wouldn’t want to leave you thinking that I did nothing around here!



After this, we are off to Windsor to our favourite B and B, the old Farmhouse, then dinner at the Greene Oak, which also happens to be my favourite pub in England. Tomorrow Windsor Castle.



Gosh, I hope the Queen got my email saying we're coming. Turned out she hand’t last time I was in the Royal Apartments there. Boy was my face red when Special Branch Protective Services burst in!



I’m pretty sure the restraining order has expired by now. Well, I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?

And Kelly Just walked in!! She was really early. But she looks great, if tired!

Now, we are done!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb