B5 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question:




What is the current political structure/government in the United Kingdom? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Link:




http://library.thinkquest.org/J0112187/england_government.htm

Summary:




In this article the government of England is explained to be a Parliamentary Monarchy. That means England has one ruler, that ruler being Queen Elizabeth II, and she is restricted to rule over those in the state of England, the Church of Scotland, and calls or dismisses the Parliament and ministers of the cabinet. Great Britain is currently not at war; however, as an ally of Britain, the United States is at risk of going to war with Syria. The United States respects Great Britain's decision as to go to war or not. Their stance is still not clear, but it is most likely Great Britain will remain being not at war.

Analysis:


The theme of this question is 2. Civilizations undergo POLITICAL state building through expansion and conflict. Conflict leads to new political structures: a. Political Structures and forms of governance. This brings me to the conclusion that Great Britain is a safe country at the moment. They have a stable government with a leader. The citizens of the region agree with the way the government runs. The United Kingdom is at a good position right now. If I were to visit this country over the weekend - if only I could - I would be safe considering the fact that it is secure over in the United Kingdom.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb