UK and Dublin


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
January 14th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent Christmas and New Year with the relatives. It was a totally foreign experience having a cold christmas - but unfortunately no snow! I think we got a bit of rain though... I can´t remember a christmas where I have eaten so much - the cooking in that house is a bit too good.

We spent a week or so working around the house, shopping and just generally hanging out then I took off on the bus for a girl´s weekend in London. It was very strange leaving Evan behind after being in constant company for so long, but I had a great time. We took in a musical - Buddy Holly (lots of fun), went for dinner, and generally just talked lots as we like to do!

Then it was back to Bristol for a few days before a long weekend in Dublin. Bree very kindly put us up - good timing arriving before she left the city! Our first day was spent doing what the locals are famous for - drinking. We went first to the Guiness factory and spent a few hours there self touring and then Evan got to enjoy a couple of pints
With another Irish statueWith another Irish statueWith another Irish statue

Not sure who this one is!
in the roof bar. I just enjoyed the viw - guiness isn´t really my thing.

Then we headed to the Jameson Distillery. Whiskey isn´t really my thing either but somehow I ended up volunteering to be a taste tester at the end of the tour. Quite an interesting experience really! And I didn´t even mind the drinks! 😊

Our second day was also spent doing what the locals are famous for - drinking! We met up with our Irish friends - people we met on tour in africa of all places - and Eimear took us on a pub crawl. Twelve hours worth!! Quite a good effort if we do say so ourselves. It was a lot of fun catching up and reminiscing over tour times, and we did a good job at trying to see as many Dublin pubs as we could too! Thanks very much guys for an awesome day!

On our last day we had a look around Grafton street, had a quick lunch with the crew and then wandered around town for a bit. It was a great weekend away and we look forward to visiting again soon - but feel free to come and see us first!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb