Blenheim


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
April 14th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Some friends of ours, Wal and Daph Pearce, were spending the week at the Caravan Club site situated on the Blenheim Palace Estate. Knowing that they were very interested in seeing what we had chosen and needing a short familiarisation trip, we joined them and had a delightful couple of days seeing an area of England that I had driven by many times but never visited. The weather continued to be fine, so we didn’t test the weatherproofness of the van.

Blenheim Palace and the surrounding park are most impressive and well the visit. We also walked to Winston Churchill’s grave at Bladon church.

The Morello worked well and after a few hours reading instruction manuals, I was able to operate most of the facilities. We christened it with a bottle of champagne kindly donated by Pete and Anne Chatterley (thanks) and had a dinner party for four without too much hastle.

We now have a few days to sort ourselves out before leaving on 19 April for a trip to France, Spain and Portugal until 3 June. More when we get going.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb