Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
June 14th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so, we headed for wales the following morning, but we really had no idea what to do once we arrived. We visited what was described as a realistic medieval town, which we didn't actually see because it looked decidedly unrealistic, shared hot chocolate with a bus load of old lady tourists, and kept on driving. We were up in the middle of Wales somewhere about lunchtime, so of course we stopped at a pub (our staple place to eat) and had lunch. whilst there, we were chatting with a man who was doing a walk through the entire welsh lands for a dog charity, which of course we found fascinatingly interesting. Meanwhile, he encouraged us to go to Anglesey for the night. This sounded like a great idea, however as we've come to discovere distances on maps can be mighty deceiving, especially if you're stuck behind a truck.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Anglesey, but instead stopped at the cutest little seaside village called "I have no idea" and found ourselves a B&B to hole up in for the night. the village had a gorgeous ruin of a castle, and we ate our dinner overlooking the sea, as well, as the castle. What I haven't mentioned yet is that when your in Wales all the signs are firstly written in English and then followed underneath in Welsh, this is really confusing when their's more than one thing written on any one sign, and your trying to read it quickly as you drive past it.

Our B&B owner for the night was a lovely traditional englishmen by the name of grahame who had a talent for oil painting. He also had a surprising, (I didn't know anyone actually collected them, or as a matter of fact why they would want to) collection of fob watches. Each to their own I suppose.

He cooked a mean breakfast though, and actually sat down with us for a chat and to recommend some places to stop at during the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb