Wales rider


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
October 21st 2005
Published: November 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

have just been exploring the country of Wales. Did a 3 day tour checking out some of the sites with 21 others. saw some pretty cool stuff - old ruined abbeys and a few national parks. Wales has some pretty cool history - all about kings and queens etc.

visited this really cool place called Port Meirion, which is a village that some rich fella decided to build because he wanted his own village - imagine that! when you walk into the place its like you're in some mediteranian country because of the style of the buildings and the bright colours. the only downside is that its aimed at tourists and you have to pay to get in, but other than that its choice!

visited some national parks - brecon beacon and mount snowdonia, stopped in some small welsh villages, and went to a town called llanfairpwllgwyngllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantgsiliogogogoch - hows that for an impossible name to say! even went out in a town in the north of wales where people actually speak welsh as their first language - its weird hearing them talk!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Caerphilly CastleCaerphilly Castle
Caerphilly Castle

we stopped here for lunch on day one. Caerphilly is the teenage pregnancy capital of the UK!
llyn clwedogllyn clwedog
llyn clwedog

this is where we stopped for a tea and coffee break. double 'll' is pronounce 'cl' with a funny throaty thing going on
The lighthouseThe lighthouse
The lighthouse

this is one my favourite pictures taken at Port Meirion
ai ai captain!ai ai captain!
ai ai captain!

what a hottie!
CaerafonCaerafon
Caerafon

this was the view outside the hostel that we stayed in, which was inside the city walls of Kind Edwards castle from back in the days.
this is the town of...this is the town of...
this is the town of...

llanfairpwllgwyngllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantgsiliogogogoch!
our yellow bus...our yellow bus...
our yellow bus...

magnificent!
out damn spot, out i say!out damn spot, out i say!
out damn spot, out i say!

the house where shakespeare was born (p.s is my shakespeare quote correct?!)


3rd November 2005

More trivia!
Port Meirion was chosen to be the village "The Prisoner" (a british series about a guy that's taken prisoner for committing a crime and moved to a convict village and everything about his ever existing is removed from the real world...weird stuff) because of it's strange appearance and the look of isolation.
3rd November 2005

Whoops
Forgot something - William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon :)

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb