Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
February 1st 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


First of the month, just after pay day, so off to Wales with Ange (flatmate), Dan and Fran (her mates/cousin) to spend it. Hired a car for the weekend and took off Friday evening for the 3 1/2 hr drive to Cardiff, Wales arriving late in the night. Up early the next morning for a look around the city and werent disappointed in the sights. Had a look at the stadium and the Cardiff castle with its own stone circle and around the main shopping street. Weather was grey and miserable so didnt stay long and packed up the car and headed along the southern coast line stopping for lunch at Port Talbot then onwards to Swansea area. Headed out for a brisk walk past an old castle and out to the coast near the Three Cliffs. Gorgeous senery but a freezing wind. On wards through tiny lanes past stone walled paddocks to the town of Tenby on the South West point of Wales. This was a cute town on the cliff side and was surprisingly busy. Out to the pub to catch the end of Wales beating England in the rugby and then onwards to the towns 'happening' night club. This place was a laugh where everyone knew everyone, especially the dodgy bouncher who had to hug all the females that he knew in the club, and Ange even was a hit with one drunk guy who spent the night dancing in his boxers and attempting to kiss her when her back was turned away for one second. The next morning we headed around the end of the coast line then back inland through the Brecon Beacons national park stopping off at a cute pub for a big hearty Welsh lunch. Onwards to Bristol, England for a quick look around and a couple of drinks and dinner then back to London by late Sunday night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb