Llangoedmor


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
January 19th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We went to Wales last weekend to celebrate my flatmates 30th birthday. There were 9 of us in total and a great time was had by all. We hired a farmhouse at Pencraig Farm, Llangoedmor, Cardigan, Ceredigion in West Wales. It was a 4.5 hour drive from London so we arrived late on Friday night. Saturday was spent going for a drive around the countryside and soaking up the scenery and then heading to Mwnt, supposedly one of the nicest beaches in West Wales.

Mwnt


Mwnt is a very small community in south Ceredigion, Wales. It is the site of an unsuccessful invasion by Flemings in the twelfth century. It is most notable for the safe secluded beach and the tiny Church overlooking it. The church at Mwnt dates back to the 1400's. It was very windy and cold but it was still nice to see the beach (although it isn’t quite the same as an Aussie beach) and to have a look at the church.

One of the guys who came away with us is a chef so he cooked up a four course meal on Saturday night which was absolutely divine. We ate until we couldn’t eat anymore, drank until we couldn’t drink anymore and played cards and trivial pursuit. It was a fantastic night with loads of laughter. Sunday we all slept in quite late so we had enough time for the guys to cook up a brunch of eggs benedict (they even made the hollandaise from scratch) before we had to pack up and head back to London.

The Welsh countryside was so green and picturesque and the people were very friendly. I will definitely be going back to Wales again before I head back to Oz.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Church at MwntChurch at Mwnt
Church at Mwnt

This church dates back to the 1400's


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb