Caernarfon & Llanberis/Snowdon, Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
July 25th 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Spent a few days in Caernarfon Wales. Well worth the 10 hour bus trip from London. I was nice to get away from the crowds and pollution of London.

Heaps of things to go and see and do, wish I had planned it better to stay longer.

Have to admit that I got up early on the first day that I was there to watch the All Blacks versus the Lions in a pub because the game was on pay television here. Had to wander around for a bit before finding a pub that was open. Did eventually find one open, about 10 minutes into the game. It was full. Apparently the pub had been open since about 730am in the morning. Was surprised to see beer being served at that time of the morning, and even more surprised to see people with babies in the pub. Spent the rest of the first day wandering around the town. And in the evening, watched the Sun set over the Isle of Anglesey/Menai Straights.

The second day I went on a steam train ride on the Welsh Highland Railway, went in to the country side and then back on the same line. Green fields, lakes, mountains, quite nice. (Have to admit that from the distance the landscape was a lot like New Zealand. - But obviously if you took a close up look at things you would find differences.)

On my last day in Caernarfon, I took a local bus to Llanberis, (about 5 or 6 miles away), and went on another train ride to the top of Mount Snowdon. After the train trip I went to the Welsh Slate Museum. Slate roofed the industrial revolution according to the museum.

Trip back to London by bus was another 10 hours, but there were a couple of traffic delays along the way, but got back in the end.

Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Welsh Highlands?Welsh Highlands?
Welsh Highlands?

Well I took this photo while on the Welsh Highland Railway.
Welsh Slate MuseumWelsh Slate Museum
Welsh Slate Museum

Slate roofed the industrial revolution.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb