The Cambrian Way, here we come!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
July 19th 2021
Published: July 19th 2021
Edit Blog Post

The Cambrian Way looks an amazing walk, through the wilds of Wales. In addition to stunning and remote landscape the lack of signage and indistinct paths creating the need for excellent navigational skills could make this our most challenging walk yet.

Unfortunately there are no ready made strip maps for the route, so we've created our own, marking the route on OS maps (all 11 of them) and then cutting them down to just the route corridor. To accommodate the 298 mile route we have planned for 18 walking days with 2 spare days for R & R. 12 of the overnight camps are wild camps, the remaining nights mostly on established campsites and possibly the odd B&B or pub. The longest day distance we have planned is 22 miles, the shortest 11. There's 22,460m of ascent to deal with too.

After several trips into the loft the kit is laid out and ready to pack. The target weight for the two bags is 15 pounds each, without food and water. All of our kit is lightweight, the challenge is to pack only absolute essentials.

So Friday 23rd July sees us getting the train from Chichester to London and the National Express Coach to the start at Cardiff; that's most of the day travelling. We're counting Saturday as Day 1.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb