Thursday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
March 29th 2018
Published: March 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The penultimate (full) day! We've all now finished our carousel of activities and have all managed to decide which our favourites were (nobody agrees though).Miss Slaters group went to the mine and it was AMAZING! They clambered up a mile of slate and rowed across a flooded chamber. They were treated to some educational information about the history of the mines, finding out that if they were around at the times of the mines they would be worked hard at the tender age at 10 for a mere £10 per year.

Mr Whight, Mrs Raven and Ms Choudhry's group went for the mountains today. Every teacher returned proud of their teams group effort. The mountain climb was incdredibly strenuous and the students proved the staff wrong, conquering the climb to the top of mountains. Mr Whight's group were treated to a rare sight seeing the fastest animal in the world in majestic flight, the peregrine falcon. Ms Choudhry's group ventured up a different mountain to the others and were treated to some spectacular views high in the clouds. Once again Ms Choudhry's group were treated to Ms Choudhry's gymnastic special, the splits as she slipped and slid down the mountains. Mrs Raven's groups returned down the mountain with an alternate route down a waterfall which was quite special and enjoyed by all.

Tonights evening activities included a quiz and an activity which team groups had to create a protective piece of equipment to protect an egg from breaking being dropped 5 metres. This was not only a test of design but the teams had to pitch to the rest of the students and staff as to why they should choose there product. The pitches were all fantastic yet the product was not so good, however Alan Sugar would be proud.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb