Day 4 - The Wheels on the Bus go 'round and 'round. . and 'round. .


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Swansea » Gower Peninsula
March 16th 2011
Published: March 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Swansea - pronounced "Swonz-ee" - is a coastal city and county in Wales. Swansea is in the historic county boundaries of Glamorgan. Situated on the sandy South West Wales coast, the county area includes the Gower Peninsula and the Lliw uplands. . .

And today we got to see much more than we expected. The day started well, we met more of the SYSHP kids and got to see the hostel that they are staying in. We shot the first 4 interviews, which were really good. The kids are very nice and respectful. Afterwards we went to the City Central to eat lunch. Several of us had McDonalds. . Yes we flew all the way here to eat McDonalds and I’m pretty sure it was worse than the McDonalds in the U.S. The City Central was really pretty. The Swansea Castle was under construction so we could not go in there but the rest of the central area was beautiful. It was almost time for our meeting so we walked through the mall to catch a bus at the station on the other side. We found the bus we were told to catch and jumped on for the ride. It took us through much of the city that we have never seen, it’s such a beautiful city! We kept waiting for the bus to turn around to take us for the university but it never did. Come to find out we were told the wrong bus and it would be another hour and a half until we would reach the Uni. We had already been riding for an hour. I hate public transit. We missed our meeting. Frustrated and starving we walked down to the White Rose to get some food. I can officially say now that I have watched a professional English soccer game in the U.K. unfortunately it was Chelsea . .
Despite the awful field trip we took the interviews and time we spent with our clients was very beneficial. Tomorrow we finish up shooting!

FYI. .
In Wales "to let" means for rent
Some pubs have Red Bull on tap!
The city is full of fearless pigeons
Cab drivers get really cranky when you change your directions
If Kelly Ogle had his news segment in Wales it would be called "My 2 pence"

-God Bless
.:Taylor




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SwanseaSwansea
Swansea

In Oklahoma they throw shoes on telephone lines, in Swansea they throw bras. .


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb