Brecon to St. David's


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » St Davids
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

St Davids


July 2, 2008, Wednesday
Brecon to St. David's in Pembrokeshire National Park, Wales
Lleithyr Meadow Caravan and Camping

A40 is the road we followed toward Pembrokeshire, however, it changes to A487 and got a bit narrower and eventually close to the sea... it was a path with traffic.
St. David's is a "large" village, (some say it is Wales' smallest city) founded by the Welsh patron saint himself in 550, St. David. The cathedral dates back to the 7th century and was RC, then after Henry's quarrel with Rome, was the church OF England and is now the church IN Wales. Lots of folks are buried here including DAVID, however no one is sure where?
St. David's is surrounded on three sides by inlets, coves, and rocky stacks(?), it is an easy base for some excellent walking.
After a walk of the town we found (?) our way through the bushes to Lleithyr Meadow, since we can't pronounce most towns now, we are definitely in the heart of Wales.
We set off toward the beach but...got to a farm with water buffalos?? Whitesands Bay is close, maybe tomorrow we will find it. We also want to hike on the Pembrokeshire National Park Coast Trail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb