St. David's...Pembrokeshire National Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » St Davids
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

St David's


St. David's...Pembrokeshire National Park
St. David's Head is forged of very old volcanic rock, some of it dates back almost 500 million years! The Pembrokeshire Coastal Trail is 186 miles, we won't do all of that. After walking into town... St. David's (2miles), we visited the town market, (sampled some homemade Welsh cakes, Yum) and went to the art exhibit. On to the "Celtic Coaster Bus" to St. Justinians, the trailhead for today's hike. The Celtic Coaster Bus is wonderful... it takes one to any trailhead and then we can hike back, or if you get weary, just wait for the next little minibus. At St. Justinian's we picked up the coastal trail going back to Whitesands Beach. It is a lovely walk along the coast with magnificent views even Ramsey Island. After last nights' rain storms, it is a bit "slippy" and muddy but the vistas are super! We eventually found the steps down to Whitesands Beach and had lunch. After a stop for tea, and a lovely chat with some Irish Folks, we began a walk "home" which is about a mile or so to the campground. It is great to find an area so accessible by bus. Our hike began with wind and rain... and ended with sunshine, such is life on a island in the Atlantic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb