Wigan - Dolgellau (Wales)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Gwynedd » Snowdon
July 11th 2009
Published: July 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Wigan - Dolgellau


WalesWalesWales

Car Boot Sale
OK now we are off to Wales. Headed west for the coast and tried our best to stay close to the water. Found quite a few holiday towns similar to Blackpool. Huge sections of promenade with arcades, gift shops, pubs and restaurants. LARGE static caravan parks (trailer parks) and I mean huge.
As we got further south and west the towns got smaller and the scenery became even more beautiful.
Stopped in Rhos Bay for lunch at the Rhos Fyncah Tavern and had some more beer.
Finally made it to Dolgellau early in the afternoon. 250 year old house turned into a B&B. Barbara (also an artist) sat down and had tea with us.
Decided to walk around and find a restaurant. After we made a reservation we crawled into a pub (The Unicorn) for some drinks before dinner. Shared a table with John & Margaret and had a very interesting conversation about the Welsh & Gaelic languages, times during the war and Margarets new home in Australia.
We then went to dinner at the Royal Ship Yard where the chef was German. Elke had speatzle and I had goulash soup with Welsh lamb.
It is still raining so we hope to get better pictures tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

WalesWales
Wales

Car Boot Sale


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb