Day Three of Ashes Test


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
July 10th 2015
Published: July 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was similar in temperature to yesterday but there was more cloud and in the last session of the day's play they turned the lights on.
At breakfast we saw the radio commentators Jim Maxwell and Jonathon Agnew. We have also seen Alec Stewart at breakfast.
We headed to the ground hoping that Australia would be able to put on plenty of runs but unfortunately we were dismissed in the first session still 122 runs behind. We took one wicket before lunch. For lunch we left the ground and went with two retired army officers that we have sat next to for the last two days to a nearby pub for a quiet lunch. It was good to get away from the crowd of the ground for lunch. We were still there when play started and we watched the second wicket on the TV. Back in the ground I made my way to the boundary and managed to get Josh Hazelwood's and then Mitchell Johnson's autograph. After tea I tried to get Mitchell Starc's autograph but he wasn't as close to the boundary as the others as he was more square to the wicket. The England supporters tried to help me get his attention and some of them started singing " Mitchell Mitchell sign my bat" but it didn't work. England kept scoring runs but we eventually bowled them out. We now need 412 runs to win with two days to play. They are forecasting rain on Sunday. I have seen plenty of AFL jumpers including Port, Crows, West Coast, Fremantle, Hawks, Geelong, Essendon, Melbourne, Kangaroos and Collingwood.
After the day's play we walked around to behind the change rooms and waited for the Australians to come out for their bus. I managed to get lots of autographs on my bat and cap, including Mitchell Starc's.
Walking back to the hotel was easier tonight as the crowd had nearly all gone by the time we left. I saw heaps of squirrels on the walk through the park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb