And now....... The end is near


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
May 5th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The old girlThe old girlThe old girl

There she is. Shutdown for the final time today. Heartbreaking. No more Windows 2000, Oracle or Documentum action.
So here it is, the final day at MegaLab USA.

I can barely believe it's actually come round and in just over two weeks we'll be leaving the familiarity of the UK jetting off to sunny Malaga.

It seems like such a short time ago that it was the deepest bowels of winter when on some days I couldn't have wanted to leave more. Alice is right that we got the whole timing the wrong way round, we should have worked through the summer here then escaped just before the winter but it is the way it is.

It's been a great introduction to work and I've met some cool people but moving on now does feel right.

So two weeks is all we have left to get the final preparations complete. Move back to Mum and Dads, finalise our stuff, try and fit it into our backpacks then make sure we're at Bristol airport by 1815 on Sunday the 21st of May.

I have a feeling that I'll be a hell of a lot more excited/nervous in the next blog entry.

Chris


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

No more of thisNo more of this
No more of this

The lab has had it's day for me now.
And certainly no more of thisAnd certainly no more of this
And certainly no more of this

1970's HPLC action is out the window


12th May 2006

breaking your comment virginity
must have taken a bit of an operation to sneak the camera into megalab corp... nice photos, a bit less hutty than i imagined though.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb