Wailing in Wales 5/09/09


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
August 30th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday
Wake up 5:30am bags and breaky 6:15am Leave 7am

We had an early start today, to make the ferry to Wales. This time the seas were calm thankfully. The ferry left at 8:45am and this time we paid for the club lounge. 14 pound and it was worth every cent. There was all you could drink tea, coffee, soft drink and wine, plus cheese and crackers, and all sorts of nibblies. No screaming children, just a relaxing trip with a comfy seat.
This was a longer trip on the ferry, so I was glad it was calm. No real sea sickness this time. The first glimpse of the port area of Wales told us that it was quite a poor town. It took about 2 hours to drive to Cardiff. We stopped to have a walk around town and I have to say it was boring.
It was VERY busy and there were lots of youths.. lots of grungy punks etc. There wasn’t a lot to do at all. We were all eager for the bus to come back. I can shop in malls like that at home. There ambulances parked in the mall and sirens going off all the time.
Our farwell dinner was a Welsh banquet at the castle and it was a great night. Always is when the wine is free flowing. We started with a honey mead welcome drink. The compare was fantastic and it was an entertaining and interactive show. Entrée was a delicious Glamorgan sausage, which is really just crumbed cheeses. Delicious. And… of course.. there was soup. 
Dinner was a HUGE chicken breast with leeks, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. I had far too many drinks and when we got back to the hotel, we got to listen to John belting out some gorgeous tunes on the piano. It was a nice night for our final one!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb