7th Day - Cardiff (Wales)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
June 9th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I went to Cardiff today, the capital of Wales.

I caught the bus there which was a 4 hour ride but got to see some beautiful countryside along the way which was great.

Got into Cardiff at midday and the bus dropped us off right outside Cardiff Castle so I went straight in there and went on a Tour in there. Cardiff castle is almost 2000 years old! having said that, most of it dates back to the past hew hundred years. But there is one bit where you can see a part of the wall of the castle that was built by the Romans in approx 400 A.D. The tour took us around to look at a few rooms of the castle that were refurbished in the 1800s by the owner of the castle who was one of the wealthiest men in Europe at the time. Everything was so lavish, ceilings were covered in 22 carat gold and there was a medieval theme throughout.

After the tour of the Castle I caught a bus down to Cardiff Bay, which was nice but there was not much to do down there so I went back to the city centre pretty soon after.

Cardiff was a nice enough place but there wasn't much to see or do there. I certainly didn't need more time than the 6 hours or so that I spent there. It was also really quiet, it almost felt deserted because although there were people around it just didn't feel as busy as it should be considering Iwas right in the middle of the city.

I caught the bus back and got into London at about 10pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb