Dark Days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
December 27th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LeavesLeavesLeaves

the park employs guys to pick up all the leaves so they dont kill the grass
Seasons Greetings

Although rather ominous the title of this blog best represents what is going on at the moment, as this is our first winter in the UK we were a bit unprepared for the lack of sunlight and the daylight hours only lasting from 8:30am till 4pm. This sort of weather definately has an effect on peoples mood and you can see it on days when it is sunny that people are happier.

The change of seasons over here is also very dramatic with all the trees losing there leaves leaving just branches. in places like the park it gives the place a spooky feeling.

We are still working and saving although we are heading to Ireland and Italy on the 15th of january and it looks like we will be travelling again in April, we plan to travel for around 6 months before heading to Canada.

The photos with this blog were taken a few weeks ago in the park and should hopefully show the dramatic change in seasons. The park was very quiet as there was almost nobody else there and it had a strange kind of beauty with all the leaves on the ground.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Peter and Triona



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb