It's Not Unusual to buy Tickets from Anyone


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
September 15th 2007
Published: October 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Outside Millennium StadiumOutside Millennium StadiumOutside Millennium Stadium

A couple of hours before kick off
Firstly, sorry about no blog entries, but we didn't hear any complaints.

However, we thought a quick update after a weekend in Cardiff might be in order. We arrived in Cardiff late Friday night after a week of camping around south east England and checked into the lovely Novotel. We didn't have tickets for the game as it was sold out and they were 300 pounds on eBay, but we thought being there would be the next best thing (You can stop laughing).

The Dangleberries had picked up a new member - Roy "Peter" Orbison, bringing the band up to three. The comforts of the hotel were a welcome relief for some members, after a hard week on the road.

Walking around Cardiff on match day was something to behold, a great atmosphere all building up to the big game. The Wallaby gold was all over the place and even more so at the Wallaby Embassy. Some of the entertainment included a big supporter of the Wallabies - Mr Tom Jones accompanied by some welcome faces from home.

We decided to walk down to the ground and hope for a big screen an hour before kickoff. On the way we came across a kindly Welsh gent selling some unused tickets, at cost price! We couldn't believe our luck and where in the ground just in time for national anthems.

Many after match celebrations were in order and the city centre had been blocked off and the streets where a buzz with people out having a good time, including the local constabulary who were more than happy to swap hats and pose for pictures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

A Blast From the PastA Blast From the Past
A Blast From the Past

In all the bars, in all the world... Souka was in this one.


7th October 2007

Where have all the smiles gone???
Bet there's not too much celebrating going on now Matty...oh dear!!!
19th October 2007

Thanks Mark
Johnny canĀ“t live for ever.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb